Tadek Museum is also called Museum of Ilocos Norte.
Erected in 1878 and known as the Tabacalera Building, this edifice was originally designed as the Administrative Center of the Tobacco Monopoly in Ilocos Norte during the reign of Spain over the Philippine Islands.
In early 1999, the Provincial Government launched a major rehabilitation and restoration program for the building to reactivate and operationalize anew the provincial museum which, prior to a temporary lull, was housed in this building in the early '70s.
The Museo Ilocos Norte, as this building is aptly called, now serves a noble purpose – a repository of GAMENG, the vast cultural heritage of the people of Ilocos Norte. It is our hope that this will inspire all Ilocanos to appreciate our ancestry and rich legacy, so that together we will grow in awareness and take pride of our culture.
Here, therefore, stands the Museo Ilocos Norte, and may it remain for another thousand years or more as our generation’s modest contribution to the future generations. May this building serve as a tribute and reminder of our collective efforts in ensuring that our people shall continue to live in peace, dignity and democracy.
ilocospagburnayanhotelfort ilocandiabataclaoagpaoaypotterycape bojeadorbojeadorburgos lighthousemalacanan northpagudpudbanguiwindmillspaoay churchlake subacsaud beachheritage villagecrisologo streetviganbadocjuan lunatadekmuseumcalesawindfarmmarcosferdinand marcosamianansurnorteilocanoempanadaonionsgarlic